In coordination with Austin Public Health and the City of Austin, this team is seeking donations of supplies to support our community’s response to COVID-19. In addition to PPE for front-line healthcare workers, we need donations of critical supplies to help community groups addressing the needs of other front line providers and those they serve, like vulnerable older adults at home, people experiencing homelessness or families who have lost incomes and support.
Most donations are handled directly through atxcovidexchange needs/solutions forums, but you can also drop off donations at the locations listed here.
PPE: Austinites are encouraged to donate the following PPE supplies for front-line healthcare workers at HOPE Family Thrift Store (1122 E 51st St) or Bicycle Sport Shop locations listed below. Austin Public Health will lead the distribution of donated PPE supplies to healthcare providers based on need.
- N-95 respirator masks and other face masks (surgical masks, masks used by painters, carpenters, hobbyists, etc.)
- Medical or disposable gloves
- Eye protection goggles (no swim goggles please)
- Face shields
- Disinfectant wipes
- Hand sanitizer
Original/unopened items are preferred, but not required. OPEN BOXES with unused items are accepted. Please DO NOT donate used gloves or masks.
No questions will be asked.
OTHER ITEMS NEEDED NOW: Donating these items will help community groups protect vulnerable populations. Drop off donations at the Bicycle Sport Shop locations listed below. If you have large donations to make, please use atxcovidexchange.org or coordinate with us.
- Disposable gloves for food service by emergency food providers
- Digital thermometers & covers (clean used thermometers are accepted)
- Infrared/Touch free thermometers & covers (clean used thermometers are accepted)
- Cleaning supplies (wipes, sprays & jugs of disinfectant) for local shelters and emergency food service providers
- Individual & commercial-sized rolls of toilet paper for local shelters and food pantries
- All sizes of bottles of hand sanitizer
- Tents (1-2 person) for people experiencing homelessness
DONATION DROP-OFF: 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday at the following Bicycle Sport Shop locations:
- 517 S Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78704
- 9900 W Parmer Ln, Austin, TX 78717
- 10947 Research Blvd, Austin, TX 78759
Our community has an opportunity to come together as we get further into this pandemic - Thank you!
Questions? Call us at 512-686-1118.